Thursday, July 5, 2012

Lack of Control

Today, I find myself a little frustrated and a little discouraged and it is over something very little that in the grand scheme of things will matter not by end of next week, but today it seems big to me :(
On Tuesday when I phoned my surgeon's office to make a follow up appointment the secretary told me to call her again later this afternoon regarding the tube drainage. She also told me then that I could schedule all my appointments through her. I very optimistically called today with the wonderful news (for me) that the combined drainage between the two drains was on target to be less than 25 ml today and asked if I could set up an appointment for early next week. Her response was no, I have to have two days after a less than 25 ml day where it is still less than 25 ml. My response to that was I had three days after today before Monday and couldn't I just set up an appointment for early in the week. The answer was no, call back on Monday a.m. and if she agreed with my evaluation of how things went over the weekend, I could call the Breast Health Clinic Monday a.m. to arrange for my own appointment for drain removal.
The drains are not comfortable and are difficult to accommodate within clothing and when showering etc.
I also wanted to have some solid appointments for next week so I could plan. Can you tell I like to be in control?
I have to smile (sadly) at my reaction and remember the devotional reading from 'Jesus Calling' for today, here is an excerpt of it -

Draw near to Me with a thankful heart, aware that your cup is overflowing with blessings. Gratitude enables you to perceive Me more clearly and to rejoice in our Love-relationship. Nothing can separate you from My loving Presence! That is the basis of your security. Whenever you start to feel anxious, remind yourself that your security rests in Me alone, and I am totally trustworthy.
You will never be in control of your life circumstances, but you can relax and trust in My control. Instead of striving for a predictable, safe lifestyle, seek to know Me in greater depth and breadth. ....

Laura




No comments:

Post a Comment