Sunday, July 1, 2012

Thankful

Today will be a short post again. I'll write more later about the surgical experience with the exception of saying that my 'sister' Gayle had told me while we were shopping of a wonderful anesthetist Dr. Y.
When I arrived to the operating suite, a lovely kind lady came up to me and introduced herself as Dr. Y and told me she was my anesthetist. I was so happy to hear this. The next thing she said was 'I want to tell you that not only is Dr. A an amazing person, he is also an absolutely amazing surgeon. You are in good hands.' :)
Today I'm thankful for -
  •  the amazing recuperative abilities of the human body 
  • Wonderful family and friends 
  • The smell of lilacs and maydays wafting into the room on a gentle breeze 
  • Beautiful flowers sent with loving messages 
  • Well-trained sons (even if I can't take credit for the training) ;) 
  • Hairdressers who are artists with naturally curly,thick hair who really listen 
  • Teddy bears who do double duty as arm cushions 

Bye for now
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment