Sunday, July 8, 2012

Looking forward

Today's post will be a little shorter, my right arm is acting up a little today. On a promising note, all I previously felt on the underside of the upper arm and in the axilla region was numbness, I am now getting a pins and needles sensation which is not comfortable however it does mean swelling that may have been pressing on the nerves is going down and if nerves were damaged in the surgery they are beginning to regenerate.
This week I am looking forward to -
  • the removal of the drains and getting my surgical pathology report
  • getting started on the next steps
  • increased mobility
  • seeing my sister-in-law Carol this evening 
  • my daily walks
  • reading 
  • driving short distances later in the week to see how it feels
It was a lovely, lazy social day today starting with a late brunch featuring great conversation and great company, I hope the others felt the same way, I do realize I did most of the talking ;). This was followed by a wonderful visit with another very talented and busy couple. I got a nap in following that and now we're expecting company this evening also. 
I took the steri-strips off the incision today and everything is looking good. As I looked at it and I thought this, it made me smile, remembering. Following the lumpectomies when the surgeon first saw how well the incisions were healing, he took a look, said 'That looks really good', blushed and then corrected himself saying 'I meant to say, the incisions are looking really good'. When you get to be my age, statements like that can make your day ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment