Friday, July 20, 2012

Three Weeks

Today is three weeks since my surgery. So much has happened! It feels so good to be here at this stage of recovery. I think it's time for another list of things I am thankful for this week (in addition to everything I've already mentioned before ;) -
  • Lovely talks and walks with friends 
  • The meals that continue to be provided, so excellent (I'm feeling very spoiled)
  • Ice and pillows and moo-moo's (for you, Robin ;)
  • My mother's health improvement during this week
  • Grandchildren who have an incredibly sweet and smart mother who knows just the thing to entertain them and, in the process, make Grandma's day
  • Chocolate covered strawberries and the good friend who provided them
  • Weekend getaways
  • Days and times where I get to 'pause' 
  • The kindness that comes from so many different and sometimes unexpected sources
  • A wonderful God who heals, sustains and strengthens me
  • Gentle Hugs :)
  • My wonderful husband and breakfast in bed
  • Facebook and email and the loving messages they facilitate delivery of

I had a very nice break from most things cancer related today. A lovely afternoon with my special friend Ev who made it over to my place with a beautiful, freshly baked salmon, gluten-free sausages from the Farmer's Market and a large bowl of fresh raw vegetables as a side.

During our walk we came up with a couple of more PAWS -
People are watching - shrug it off
People are watching - small stuff shouldn't be sweated

Best Day Ever (that was for you Steph ;)

Take care, everyone











No comments:

Post a Comment